Friday, January 30, 2015

Valentine's Day Apron by Craft Warehouse Guest Designer Jessi Buehrle


Hey everyone Jessi here from My Life in Arts n’ Crafts, which is where you can usually find me. I have the honor of guesting here on the Craft Warehouse Blog. I am beyond excited to share with you a few simple projects that you can make with just a few items.

You will need:

·      Several tea towels in your choice of colors I used the red and the white
·      Red (Maroon) Apron
·      Your Silhouette Cameo (most of our stores have upgraded to the new touch screen one which has amazing new features)
·      The Heat Transfer Starter Kit
Weeding tool (comes in the kit)
·      (Optional) Silhouette Spatula
·      Possibly some scissors
·      Iron
·      An Ironing board or a towel to protect your work surface



Let’s get started!

To get started open the software on your computer. You will need to find a design you like for your towel.

For my white towel I used the teal HTV (heat transfer vinyl). I wanted my design to be small enough to fit in to the portion of the towel, that when folded, would be visible.

I used “ Love is four-legged word - phrase by Kolette Hall”
Design ID #70554

You can ungroup the image to keep only the Love portion. Of course if you have another love or word you want in your jar then feel free to do that as well. I love having images I can get more use out of.

For the jar I used “3 mason jars by Lori Whitlock”
Design ID #27990

Valentine's Day Apron @craftsavvy #craftwarehouse #valentines #day #apron #gift #diy #silhouette


I chose this one because I liked the outline part of the jar. This is what I used for my design

Valentine's Day Apron @craftsavvy #craftwarehouse #valentines #day #apron #gift #diy #silhouette

I then layered the love over the jar and welded it together.
I used the hearts from the jar set and sized them smaller and tipped some of them. Remember odd numbers look better to the eye so I used 3.

Valentine's Day Apron @craftsavvy #craftwarehouse #valentines #day #apron #gift #diy #silhouette


For the apron I used typewriter by Hero Arts
Design ID #43203

I typed out LOVE in the font “Courier”

Being able to use any font from your own computer is amazing with the Silhouette software.
I sized the typewriter approximately 9 by 9.  I used a heart for the O in love and placed in inside what would be the paper from the typewriter.

Valentine's Day Apron @craftsavvy #craftwarehouse #valentines #day #apron #gift #diy #silhouette


***Reminder*** always flip (mirror) your image prior to cutting. With heat transfer you cut the material upside down.

Always do a test cut on the material with the machine to avoid ruining your HTV I found with my machine I needed to adjust the blade to a 3 for regular HTV and to a 4 for the flocked.


Iron your item that you will be applying the HTV to prior to actually applying the design. Follow the direction inside the booklet that comes with the kit for how to iron on the design.

And as simple as that you have a cute valentine apron and towel that is great for anyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips