Friday, February 27, 2015

Craft Warehouse Design Team Member Heather Valadez





Welcome local Northwest design team member Heather Valadez! We love Heather's mixed media style! She loves to get creative with canvas and paint which makes us just as happy! We've invited Heather to share with us what inspires her to be creative...





 How long have you been crafting? I have been crafting for as long as I can remember. I loved the idea of crafting to make gifts. I never had a lot of money so I would draw pictures, or make cards for gifts because it was all I could do. But people seemed to love it. So now, even though I could afford to go buy a gift, I try and make ones that I know the recipient couldn't get anywhere else while including a piece of their personality in it.

  

What inspires you to be creative? It really could be anything any given day. Perhaps a quote, a vibrant colored painting, a doodle, song lyrics, etc. There really isn't a concrete method to my madness. : ) I used to scrapbook all kinds of things from magazines just I so could keep them around in some way. But now we have Pinterest for that!




What Craft Warehouse products do you love to use? Do I have to pick just one thing?! I love drooling over all the paper, the selection is always great. I could easily be a paper hoarder. I love the vast selection of frames and canvases, both things that seem simple but can be hard to find for a great deal! I also really love all the wood pieces - ones you can Modge Podge stuff on and bam! You have a cute box, or plaque.




How can you encourage others reading this column? I think just helping people see that crafting doesn't just have to be for the pros - anyone can create something awesome with good supplies, some inspiration, and simple instruction. Also, that you can craft on a budget - because I always seem to be on a budget!

You will be completely inspired visiting Heather's blog and get to know her on Instagram! Visit again to see her mixed media tutorial she created for our readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips